[Digikam-users] Pictures not rotated

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Jul 28 12:30:43 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 28 Juillet 2006 10:31, Stephan Paukner a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 17:45 +0200, Stephan Paukner wrote:
> > When I download my pictures with digiKam 0.8.2-rc1 (Debian), they aren't
> > rotated. The camera displays the pictures correctly on its display, and
> > after downloading the EXIF information about the image orientation seems
> > to be correct, surprisingly. But already when connecting to the camera,
> > all thumbnails are shown in landscape. The checkbox "Automatically
> > rotate/flip" doesn't have any effect.
> >
> > On the command line, I don't get any error message. It worked with a
> > previous version of digiKam.
>
> With digiKam 0.9.0-beta1 (Debian) this problem still resides. When I
> connect to the camera (Canon Digital IXUS 750), select a thumbnail and
> open the image in digiKam's built-in editor, the picture gets rotated
> correctly (because I activated the corresponding checkbox in the digiKam
> settings).

I think you talking about the Exif auto-rotate option in Metadata setup...

> But when downloading, the picture is only downloaded, and not
> rotated afterwards.

About Camera interface, there is a specific setting in dialog ! Are you enable
this one ? Also, Exif autorotate only works on JPEG image actually.

> Can I debug this somehow?

There is a lot of debug message in the console if you have compiled digiKAm
using ./configure --enable-debug=full option...

> Should I file a bug?

Not necessary. Start to report these informations into the ML. Also give us a
file sample from your camera, especially in vertical orientation. Do not post
on ML but make a web link. Thanks in advance

Gilles