[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-S40 Cyber-shot

David Matthews dmatthews at mailc.net
Fri Jul 14 21:04:07 BST 2006

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:43:13 +1000 (EST)
Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:

>Has the same problem, but as it was unnaceptable to use root for other
>users, i installed gphoto to resolve it, however woulds be very nice if
>digikam overcame this

Really? I have gphoto already, but still need to run digikam with root  powers. What is the official way? Surely permissions on a device file can be changed?
--
David

dmatthews at mailc.net
Public key at hkp://www.keys.eu.pgp.net
and http://pooter.sourceforge.net/dmatthews.asc

The third method (of conquest) can be called economic conquest. It takes place
when nations are placed under "tribute" without the use of visible force or
coercion, so that the victims do not realize they have been conquered.
"Tribute" is collected from them in the form of "legal" debts and taxes, and
they believe they are paying it for their own good, for the good of others,
or to protect all from some enemy. Their captors become their "benefactors"
and "protectors".
Pastor Sheldon Emry