[Digikam-users] Crash in directory browsing (0.9 svn)

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jul 6 18:41:12 BST 2006

Le Mercredi 05 Juillet 2006 02:27 PM, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch 05 Juli 2006 12:58 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> > On Wednesday 05 July 2006 12:54, Tommaso Schiavinotto wrote:
> > > I have the same problem.. with a Dynax 5D and MRW as well. I download
> > > through a mounted dir (the CF in the card reader), then when I close
> > > the download window digikam crashes.. I will send more infos as soon as
> > > possible.
> >
> > Warning, there is two crash reported by Duncan :
> >
> > - one when camera dialog is closed (i can reproduce it sometimes).
>
> Gilles this is code I wrote so I feel responsible ;-)
> I have also had this crash sometimes but not reproducibly.
> Is this related to the commit from toma from Monday?

Well Toma have reported to me a backtrace and he have identified that the
crash is relevant of kapp->processEvent() in scanlib. This is why he have
comment a line in scanlib.cpp

> That would make sense for me: If scanlib calls kapp->processEvents() it
> will sometimes process the deleteLater() event, so your patch would solve
> this - but, we may only call deleteLater if isBusy() is false, your patch
> calls it in any case.
>
> It seems ScanLib is written with the initial scan in mind, so if it is
> called from the running UI, as from CameraUI, it is another solution to
> disable lines 337 and 338 in this case (not in the normal case) and set a
> busy cursor.

Well, i let's you fix this point into svn, if you have the right solution...
If you fix is right the commented line in scanlib.cpp can be un-commented ?

> The second crash reported by Duncan looks like something I got when I tried
> to stop a KProcess not from the main thread (then I understood that
> KProcess is heavily non-reentrant).

Well, KProcess is used where exactly ?

Gilles