[Digikam-users] Crash in directory browsing (0.9 svn)

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 5 13:27:21 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch 05 Juli 2006 12:58 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> On Wednesday 05 July 2006 12:54, Tommaso Schiavinotto wrote:
> > I have the same problem.. with a Dynax 5D and MRW as well. I download
> > through a mounted dir (the CF in the card reader), then when I close the
> > download window digikam crashes.. I will send more infos as soon as
> > possible.
>
> Warning, there is two crash reported by Duncan :
>
> - one when camera dialog is closed (i can reproduce it sometimes).

Gilles this is code I wrote so I feel responsible ;-)
I have also had this crash sometimes but not reproducibly.
Is this related to the commit from toma from Monday?
That would make sense for me: If scanlib calls kapp->processEvents() it will
sometimes process the deleteLater() event, so your patch would solve this -
but, we may only call deleteLater if isBusy() is false, your patch calls it
in any case.

It seems ScanLib is written with the initial scan in mind, so if it is called
from the running UI, as from CameraUI, it is another solution to disable
lines 337 and 338 in this case (not in the normal case) and set a busy
cursor.

The second crash reported by Duncan looks like something I got when I tried to
stop a KProcess not from the main thread (then I understood that KProcess is
heavily non-reentrant).

Marcel