[Digikam-users] Contrast/Gamma settings for DigiKam?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Feb 17 19:46:47 GMT 2006

Dudas Gabor wrote:

> The description about the correct settings can be found at:
> http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

be aware that this don't works on all the systems. I tryed
it extensively with no good result.

I think the notion of "gamma" is not the same for all the
users/programmers. If I use the settings given in this page,
I get a much to brilliant screen, with no more rapport with
the reality of professional prints.

now I use only the gray scale avaiable on many sites (and
visible on the reference at the top of an image)

tools: xgamma and monica

in fact I thing that the surrounding of the monitor have a
great importance in the seen result. The "standard" settings
are probably done for a bright sunny room, when mine is
quite always dark, with a very dark screen, just a small
light on the screen back.

and I feel like seeing very easily that the print picture is
just a little lighter that my screen, so I adjust my images
to be just a little too black on my screen :-)

and I use to do 60cm large prints and perfectly satisfied of
the result (tested from several suppliers).

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net