[Digikam-users] Contrast/Gamma settings for DigiKam?

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Fri Feb 17 18:50:55 GMT 2006

Risto Saukonpää wrote:
> KDE has good color correction settings on monitor settings (right click on
> desktop and screen/monitor > second tab) but normal user dont usually know
> this if they just corrects lighting from own pictures.
>
> That's why i like suggest that Digikam should get same kind "color card". It
> should tell user basics how to set monitor settings right for viewing/editing
> purpose from KDesktop and from monitor (contrast/brightness etc).

This is really important topic in working with digital photographs. With an
incorrectly set screen, one can destroy the picture, since he might think that
the picture is too dark, however the screen is the dark, not the picture.
About this topic, I have found a _very_ good site, with a very good gamma
calibration picture.
This is it:
http://www.normankoren.com/Gamma_black_new.png

The description about the correct settings can be found at:
http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

Maybe it would be possible to build in this picture to digikam...with the
permission of the author, of course.

Best regards,
Gabor