[Digikam-users] Contrast/Gamma settings for DigiKam?

Risto Saukonpää paristo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:04:38 GMT 2006

KDE has good color correction settings on monitor settings (right click on
desktop and screen/monitor > second tab) but normal user dont usually know
this if they just corrects lighting from own pictures.

That's why i like suggest that Digikam should get same kind "color card". It
should tell user basics how to set monitor settings right for viewing/editing
purpose from KDesktop and from monitor (contrast/brightness etc).

I came up with this when did my friend buy new LCD monitor and throw away her
old CRT and all her gamma/brightness settings was so hi that screen was white
with new LCD and he needed to change everything back to normal. Then he asked
me how should he set the screen and i gave him a "gray-card" (picture from
web, like KDesktop has). Then he realized that almost all her pictures (just
few dozen) was edited on too dark monitor and laughed that now he knows why i
asked from him "why you set these pictures so bright?".

And even new LCD monitors has nice "little" auto-corrections, user still needs
change screen brightness and contrast.

Second suggestion is that digikam can show luminosity/red/green/blue/alpha
over picture but it shows all colors as own and there is no option to see all
colors together as in Picasa. So is there possible way to add this option?