[Digikam-users] apply keywords/tags from one album to contents of another?

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Feb 4 20:23:44 GMT 2006

Op zaterdag 4 februari 2006 20:55, schreef Daniel Bauer:
> Hi again
>
> Might be another stupid question and I'm sorry if I bother you again for
> something you've already solved and I just haven't found it...
>
> Let's say I have album "big" with images with keywords/tags. Now I use
> "extras -> batch jobs -> resize images" to resize them into album "small".
> There the photos don't have the tags, of course.
>
> What can I do to make the photos of the same name (but in different
> directories/albums) having the same tags? This is not of big importance,
> but it would be nice to have it.
>
> The only way that came into my head first was to write directly into the
> Sqlite-database. But this appears quite tricky to me, because I'd have to
> find out the id's in the Images table of the "big" and the "small", then
> look up the tagid in ImageTags for "big" and build an INSERT command for
> "small". (And I don't know much about scripting on Linux yet, my
> programming knowledge is nearly NULL, I wasn't even able to import the
> Sqlite dump into a MySQL-database for testing a bit...)

There is no direct way, but you can use the advanced search to select all
images from both folders, so you can tag them quickly.

> Then I thought, ok, I'll copy all from "big" to "small" (tags will be
> copied as well), then do the resize job with "overwrite" option. This
> works, but I'm asked for each photo if I really want to overwrite it.
> That's ok, but when resizing 800 photos it's a bit a lot of clicking ;-)

Please report a wish on bugs.kde.org: 'Make a overwrite all button here and
here'.

> Finally I used kind of a brute method: copy all from "big" to "small",
> resize with rename-option in the same directory, closing digikam, deleting
> all the originals in "small", renaming all the new pictures back to the
> original names and reopen digikam. Not very elegant, but it works...
>
> Of course I'd pefer a more elegant way and I almost fear, that once again
> there already is one and I was just to blind to descover it. So if anybody
> has a hint for me, I'd be greatful...

No, the resize is a kipi action, so keeping the tags can be a pain in the ..
to implement. The overwrite all might be the best way out here.

Toma