[Digikam-users] apply keywords/tags from one album to contents of another?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Feb 4 21:29:06 GMT 2006

I think there is a general problem related to this one. that
is relation between digikam and other system actions.

for example, I use a script to rename the files (simple mmv
"*" XXXX#1). The files are the same, but digikam don't know.

so if I forget to do so before tagging or simply creating
the album icon, the data is lost.

there should be two ways (at user will) to identify the
files in digikam.

* first by name (a file could be modified, but keep its
digikam stuff is the name is kept the same) - this need some
sort of file name storage,

* second by file content. It should be possible to keep a
file consistent through changing name. some sort of ID (raw
file node number, md5sum of some part of the file...)

I know this is not easy and I don't ask such thing for
tomorrow (but for yesterday it would be fine :-)))

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net