[Digikam-users] apply keywords/tags from one album to contents of another?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Feb 4 19:55:09 GMT 2006

Hi again

Might be another stupid question and I'm sorry if I bother you again for
something you've already solved and I just haven't found it...

Let's say I have album "big" with images with keywords/tags. Now I use "extras
-> batch jobs -> resize images" to resize them into album "small". There the
photos don't have the tags, of course.

What can I do to make the photos of the same name (but in different
directories/albums) having the same tags? This is not of big importance, but
it would be nice to have it.

The only way that came into my head first was to write directly into the
Sqlite-database. But this appears quite tricky to me, because I'd have to
find out the id's in the Images table of the "big" and the "small", then look
up the tagid in ImageTags for "big" and build an INSERT command for "small".
(And I don't know much about scripting on Linux yet, my programming knowledge
is nearly NULL, I wasn't even able to import the Sqlite dump into a
MySQL-database for testing a bit...)

Then I thought, ok, I'll copy all from "big" to "small" (tags will be copied
as well), then do the resize job with "overwrite" option. This works, but I'm
asked for each photo if I really want to overwrite it. That's ok, but when
resizing 800 photos it's a bit a lot of clicking ;-)

Finally I used kind of a brute method: copy all from "big" to "small", resize
with rename-option in the same directory, closing digikam, deleting all the
originals in "small", renaming all the new pictures back to the original
names and reopen digikam. Not very elegant, but it works...

Of course I'd pefer a more elegant way and I almost fear, that once again
there already is one and I was just to blind to descover it. So if anybody
has a hint for me, I'd be greatful...

Have a nice weekend!

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com