[Digikam-users] Color management under Linux?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Feb 3 15:08:03 GMT 2006

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Le Vendredi 3 Février 2006 11:53, jdd a écrit :
>> Heiner Lamprecht wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> does anybody have any experience in color management on Linux?  Are
>>> there any plans to add such functionality in digiKam?
>> already a doc about the plugins would be great :-)
>>

> What do you mean exactly about this point ?

I think the help is of little... help :-(.

unsharp mask is used to get a better sharpness, this I could
guess myself :-). But how does it works?

what are the basis of the underlying algorythm?

> The digikam handbook will be updated before 0.9.0 final release. There are a
> lot of jobs to do into digiKam documentation, especially about color
> management !
>
> I will very happy if any volomters can help us to update this part. This is
> not programmer task. You just need to have a correct English to write the
> book (it's not my case (:=))), but i'm learning)

I'm also french :-( and have no knowledge in color
management :-(

the problem is: to know how to use the sliders in the
plugins windows, one needs to have a minimum knowledge of
the algorythm. what means the radius? (what effect have...
)... and this is only an example.

I know this is difficult, but in some way, only the
developper can ask the question (I know you also have other
things to do :-)

In fact, ideally, there should be two writers: the dev to
say what is underlying and a power user to give hints of how
to use.

the "try and see" approach is not very effective :-)

and who is responsible of kipi plugins (I don't see them
elesewhere than digikam)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net