[Digikam-users] Color management under Linux?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 3 15:16:46 GMT 2006

Le Vendredi 3 Février 2006 16:08, jdd a écrit :
> Gilles Caulier wrote:

> >> already a doc about the plugins would be great :-)
> >
> > What do you mean exactly about this point ?
>
> I think the help is of little... help :-(.
>
> unsharp mask is used to get a better sharpness, this I could
> guess myself :-). But how does it works?
>
> what are the basis of the underlying algorythm?
>
> > The digikam handbook will be updated before 0.9.0 final release. There
> > are a lot of jobs to do into digiKam documentation, especially about
> > color management !
> >
> > I will very happy if any volomters can help us to update this part. This
> > is not programmer task. You just need to have a correct English to write
> > the book (it's not my case (:=))), but i'm learning)
>
> I'm also french :-( and have no knowledge in color
> management :-(
>
> the problem is: to know how to use the sliders in the
> plugins windows, one needs to have a minimum knowledge of
> the algorythm. what means the radius? (what effect have...
> )... and this is only an example.

Heu, have you reading the current manual ???

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins/unsharp.html

If it's not enought, google is your friend :

http://www.scantips.com/simple6.html

My 10 cts €

> I know this is difficult, but in some way, only the
> developper can ask the question (I know you also have other
> things to do :-)
>
> In fact, ideally, there should be two writers: the dev to
> say what is underlying and a power user to give hints of how
> to use.

It's already the case between me and Gerhard about DigikamImagePlugins
handbooks writting

> the "try and see" approach is not very effective :-)
>
> and who is responsible of kipi plugins (I don't see them
> elesewhere than digikam)

Good question. I let's Joern and Tom explain to you the current status of
kipi-plugins

Gilles