[Digikam-users] Review of Digikam

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Fri Dec 22 13:18:41 GMT 2006

Duncan Hill wrote:
> On Thursday 21 December 2006 20:27, Oliver Dörr wrote:
>

>> PPS: I personally don't believe that sqlite is stable, at least not the
>> way i'm using it. Me and my wife are using on computer with digikam and
>> the same album library path. So from to time digikam is started twice. I
>> now the digikam is not designed for that, but thats we way the us it ;-)
>>

> I forget where I read it, but SQLite does NOT support concurrent access to the
> same datafile due to the way it operates.  If you're using a tool in a manner
> that isn't supported by the tool, then you should expect problems to happen -
> it's like using a 50 lb hammer to adjust your watch.

I know that i'm not using digiKam the way it is designed for. I use it
the way i need :-D

As a conclusion, i don't use the features like tags, because they are
*not* reliable. However digiKam is the best application that i know for
my personal needs.

The only reason i wrote my mail was that Gerhard thinks that the tagging
feature is very reliable. In fact this depends on how use digiKam.

Oliver