[Digikam-users] Review of Digikam

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Dec 22 07:58:54 GMT 2006

Gerhard Kulzer a écrit :

> How did you do that?
> I use digiKam since 3 years now, I compile daily from svn (riskier it cannot
> come, I had many, many crashes), I've about 18000 images tagged and I never
> lost any tags. In my opinion the most stable thing in digikam is sqlite and
> therefore tagging.

there are many situations.

the easiest to reproduce is the fact that I have not the
disk room to have all my photos on line, I need to stroe
them on dvd. How do I store the database?

My photo collection was growing, I had to move it to an
other disk, bigger, guess what? data base lost.

not to mention several others ways I don't remember the
details (and the fact that the comments are -where?- not
utf8 stable).

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net