[Digikam-users] Review of Digikam

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 09:50:12 GMT 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 20:27, Oliver Dörr wrote:

> PPS: I personally don't believe that sqlite is stable, at least not the
> way i'm using it. Me and my wife are using on computer with digikam and
> the same album library path. So from to time digikam is started twice. I
> now the digikam is not designed for that, but thats we way the us it ;-)

I forget where I read it, but SQLite does NOT support concurrent access to the
same datafile due to the way it operates.  If you're using a tool in a manner
that isn't supported by the tool, then you should expect problems to happen -
it's like using a 50 lb hammer to adjust your watch.

I'd almost say that digiKam should execute an exclusive file lock on the
database when it boots up, and pray that your concurrent access method passes
on the exclusive lock information.