[Digikam-users] Review of Digikam

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Dec 16 14:08:06 GMT 2006

Duncan Hill a écrit :

> There are tools for doing backups that do them very well.

the problem is backing up the data base in the way they
don't lose track of images. this is very difficult to acheive.

> The benefit of the sqlite database file is that you have on central
> location to easily store and retrieve the information.

and the need of yet another database engine...

   This also makes
> it faster than scanning 8000 photos to find all photos matching
> 'london'.

there is no "london" in any photo if you don't key it in
yourself

I use digikam for more than a year now and have already lost
my datas 2 or three time :-((

tagging and commenting the images is extremely tedious and
making this more than once is more than I can support :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO