[Digikam-users] Review of Digikam

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Dec 16 13:21:56 GMT 2006

Le samedi 16 décembre 2006 14:14, Mikolaj Machowski a écrit :
> One word about panels. I like panels but current organisation has many
> limits - especially on space, also reading of vertical text has its
> drawbacks. Maybe for 1.0 Digikam could adapt KPDF solution? In that way
> you could put much more panels on one side.

I know the kpdf widget used to display content. This one is already used in
digiKam in camera gui sidebar and CM image plugin settings.

I will certainly try to use it in Comments & tags sidebar to separate digiKam
tags view of others widgets without created a new sidebar pannel on the right
of album gui.

What do you think about. It simple to implemente, and will give more space for
displaying/using digiKam tags.

I know the Tags workflow problem in digiKam, especially when you have a huge
tags hierarchy. This will be another main task todo after 0.9.0.

Gilles