[Digikam-users] export to html gallery

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Dec 14 07:02:44 GMT 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 03:30, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just bought my first digital camera so I started using digikam.
> First I want to say that digikam is really impressive both as simplicity
> and power, certainly one of the best kde desktop apps ever.
> I really want to thank all the developers for this.

Thanks. Witch version you use exactly ?

> Since I have a little website I tried exporting my galleries to HTML,
> and again digikam did the job very well.
> Too bad that the second time I wanted to export a gallery I had to
> export also the first one because if I didn't the index.html was
> overwritten with only the new gallery.
> Not a problem with 2-3 galleries but try to image what would happen with
> 50-60 galleries...
> To overcome this problem I wrote a little python script that take the
> main html galleries directory and a temporary directory with only the
> last published gallery and merge them.
> It took me only a couple of hours and I'm really new to python, so I
> guess that for you would be really easy to add this feature.
> Hoping to be a little helpful I attached my script to this mail.

Well, if you want to contact developpers, this is not the right way to post
this script or reporting a problem. I don't know exactly witch tool you have
used :

- Gallery Export
- HTML Export

... Both are kipi-plugins and are developped outside digiKam core
(http://www.kipi-plugins.org). Kipi developpers are in others mailling list :
kde-imaging at kde.org

If your goal with this mail is to contact developpers, please post your
message in this ML. Thanks in advance.

Gilles