[Digikam-users] export to html gallery

Stefano Stabellini stefano at stabellini.net
Thu Dec 14 02:30:39 GMT 2006

Hi all,
I have just bought my first digital camera so I started using digikam.
First I want to say that digikam is really impressive both as simplicity
and power, certainly one of the best kde desktop apps ever.
I really want to thank all the developers for this.
Since I have a little website I tried exporting my galleries to HTML,
and again digikam did the job very well.
Too bad that the second time I wanted to export a gallery I had to
export also the first one because if I didn't the index.html was
overwritten with only the new gallery.
Not a problem with 2-3 galleries but try to image what would happen with
50-60 galleries...
To overcome this problem I wrote a little python script that take the
main html galleries directory and a temporary directory with only the
last published gallery and merge them.
It took me only a couple of hours and I'm really new to python, so I
guess that for you would be really easy to add this feature.
Hoping to be a little helpful I attached my script to this mail.
Again thanks for the good job,

Stefano Stabellini

--

stefano[AT]stabellini.net - http://www.stabellini.net

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts.”
          Winston Churchill