[Digikam-users] From Digikam 0.6 on MdV2005 to Digikam 0.9 on Mdv2007 : How to convert the database

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Dec 11 18:00:44 GMT 2006

Le Lundi 11 Décembre 2006 17:40, Jean-Luc Pinardon a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> My family and I are happy Digikam french users.
> But everybody is sad since I have upgrade to Mdv2007 and so, Digikam 0.9.
>
> If I have all clearly understood, 0.6 configuration and photo management
> was based on a file, while it now (since 0.7 ?) based on an embedded SQLite
> db. So the tool complains because it cannot recognize the db structure.
>
> Is there a way to convert the current (old) configuration file to a SQLite
> db ?
>
> Thanks for your help, and for this nice tool.
>
> Best Regards,
> J.L.

I remember than the old digikam author (Renchi Raju) have been proposed in
this room a script for that. I'm not sure than you can find this file in this
ML archive because we have migrated from SF.net to kde.org between 0.6 and
0.8.

I don't have this script. Take a look in the digikam-user or digikam-devel ML
archives from sourceforge.net and kde.org if you can find it.

Also perhaps someone have a copy of this script in this room, or can reproduce
it ?