[Digikam-users] From Digikam 0.6 on MdV2005 to Digikam 0.9 on Mdv2007 : How to convert the database

Jean-Luc Pinardonn jl.pinardon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:14:42 GMT 2006

Caulier Gilles <caulier.gilles at ...> writes:

> Le Lundi 11 Décembre 2006 17:40, Jean-Luc Pinardon a écrit :
> > Dear all,
> >
> > My family and I are happy Digikam french users.
> > But everybody is sad since I have upgrade to Mdv2007 and so, Digikam 0.9.
> >
> > If I have all clearly understood, 0.6 configuration and photo management
> > was based on a file, while it now (since 0.7 ?) based on an embedded SQLite
> > db. So the tool complains because it cannot recognize the db structure.
> >
> > Is there a way to convert the current (old) configuration file to a SQLite
> > db ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help, and for this nice tool.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > J.L.
>
> I remember than the old digikam author (Renchi Raju) have been proposed in
> this room a script for that. I'm not sure than you can find this file in this
> ML archive because we have migrated from SF.net to kde.org between 0.6 and
> 0.8.
>
> I don't have this script. Take a look in the digikam-user or digikam-devel ML
> archives from sourceforge.net and kde.org if you can find it.
>
> Also perhaps someone have a copy of this script in this room, or can reproduce
> it ?
>
> Gilles Caulier

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answer.
For now on, I can't find this script.
I will continue to search.
Nevertheless, I have understood (am I true ?) that Digikam 0.7 should
automatically convert old XML db file to SQLite db.
So, I currently try to compile Digikam 0.7 from source on a
/opt/Digikam directory.
But even after I have loaded devel rpm for dependencies,
I always have an error:
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire «
/opt/Digikam/digikam-0.7/digikam/libs/widgets »
source='imagepreviewwidget.cpp' object='imagepreviewwidget.lo' libtool=yes \
        depfile='.deps/imagepreviewwidget.Plo'
tmpdepfile='.deps/imagepreviewwidget.TPlo' \
        depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../../admin/depcomp \
        /bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../..
-I../../../digikam/libs/histogram
-I../../../digikam/utilities/imageeditor -I/usr/lib/qt3//include -I.
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef
-ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion
-Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -g3 -fno-inline
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -c -o imagepreviewwidget.lo `test -f
'imagepreviewwidget.cpp' || echo'./'`imagepreviewwidget.cpp
imagepaniconwidget.h:74: error: extra qualification
‘Digikam::ImagePanIconWidget::’ on member ‘regionSelectionChanged’

I really cannot manage to find out where is the problem ?

Thanks for your highlights if you could help.
Best regards, and have a good evening.

J.L.P.