[Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Dec 5 10:38:08 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 09:52, Fabien wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Daniel Bauer wrote:

> >>Yes.  What I encountered was even with an svn up and reconfigure/rebuild
> >>of exiv2 from svn, it still installed as .10, not .12.  I had to remove
> >>the entire build area and the installed libs and recompile from scratch.
> >
> > Ok, I kind of understand ;-)
> >
> > so, what do I exactly have to do to "nuke" my Exiv2 svn copy?
> > I had already removed *all* directores/files within my "DIGIKAMDEST"-path
> > and then let in completely reinstall with the compile_exiv2.sh script....
> >
> > Must I do something additional to just deleting directories/files?
> >
> > (Remember: I use the scripts from "Install digiKam in your Home
> > Directory" on http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn )
>
> I sent an email about that on kde imaging list.
> With their new check for exiv2-0.12, it doesn't work by default because
> pkg-config can't find exiv2.
> There's a workaround : add this in the script (with other exports) :
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/pkgconfig
>
> I will add that on the digikam website
>
> --
> Fabien

Fabien, I've tried this, but no luck - configure still complains that there is
no exiv2 although the path $DIGIKAMDEST/lib/pkgconfig exists and there are
two files in there (exiv2.pc and libkipi.pc) ...

I've deleted everything,
entered export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/pkgconfig at the beginning of
both compile... files
run compile_exiv2.sh, then compile_digikam.sh.
no luck,

again deleted everything, deleted the new export command from the
compile_exiv2.sh (but left it in compile_digikam.sh), still no luck.

???

Daniel

Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch