[Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:52:54 GMT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Bauer wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 19:34, Duncan Hill wrote:
>
>>Caulier Gilles wrote:

>>>digikam and kipi-plugins require at least Exiv2 0.12 :
>>>
>>>http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/193
>>
>>Yes.  What I encountered was even with an svn up and reconfigure/rebuild
>>of exiv2 from svn, it still installed as .10, not .12.  I had to remove
>>the entire build area and the installed libs and recompile from scratch.
>

> Ok, I kind of understand ;-)
>
> so, what do I exactly have to do to "nuke" my Exiv2 svn copy?
> I had already removed *all* directores/files within my "DIGIKAMDEST"-path and
> then let in completely reinstall with the compile_exiv2.sh script....
>
> Must I do something additional to just deleting directories/files?
>
> (Remember: I use the scripts from "Install digiKam in your Home Directory" on
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn )

I sent an email about that on kde imaging list.
With their new check for exiv2-0.12, it doesn't work by default because
pkg-config can't find exiv2.
There's a workaround : add this in the script (with other exports) :
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/pkgconfig

I will add that on the digikam website

--
Fabien