[Digikam-users] digiKam EXIF Data

Duncan Hill dhill at cricalix.net
Sat Aug 26 22:05:10 BST 2006

6and9.42 wrote:

> Thanks for the quick help everyone! I've got the gphoto2 problem fixed (I had
> failed to install the dev package) but now Exiv2 is acting up again.
>
> I downloaded the source from the Exiv2 website and installed that. However
> when I run 'sudo make install' for digikam it runs for awhile and then spits
> out several 'undefined reference to `Exiv2...'  errors and stops. I tried a
> clean install with the source from the Edgy repository instead and got the

Odds are you don't have Exiv2 in the default search path and linking
path that the digikam compile is using.

Exiv2, by default on compile, goes in /usr/local/lib (iirc - check where
yours went and alter accordingly).

Adding /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig, should
allow digikam to compile.