[Digikam-users] digiKam EXIF Data

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 22:06:23 BST 2006

Forgot to set sender address, 2 copies may come through.

6and9.42 wrote:

> I downloaded the source from the Exiv2 website and installed that. However
> when I run 'sudo make install' for digikam it runs for awhile and then spits
> out several 'undefined reference to `Exiv2...'  errors and stops. I tried a
> clean install with the source from the Edgy repository instead and got the
> same thing.

Odds are you don't have Exiv2 in the default linking path that the
digikam compile is using.

Exiv2, by default on compile, goes in /usr/local/lib (iirc - check where
yours went and alter accordingly).

Adding /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig, should
allow digikam to compile.