[Digikam-users] digiKam EXIF Data

6and9.42 6and9.42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:47:50 BST 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 19:55, Duncan Hill wrote:
> Other than needing as recent Exiv2 library, .9 will compile against
> standard dapper libraries quite happily, and work quite happily.

Thanks for the quick help everyone! I've got the gphoto2 problem fixed (I had
failed to install the dev package) but now Exiv2 is acting up again.

I downloaded the source from the Exiv2 website and installed that. However
when I run 'sudo make install' for digikam it runs for awhile and then spits
out several 'undefined reference to `Exiv2...'  errors and stops. I tried a
clean install with the source from the Edgy repository instead and got the
same thing.

Do I need the latest libexiv2 and libexiv2-dev packages as well? As soon as I
started going down those paths I discovered a long list of dependencies that
it wanted...