[Digikam-users] Transfer pics from one pc to another, tags too??

Ken Walker kgw at lunar.ca
Wed Jul 20 06:23:09 BST 2005

Renchi Raju wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Ken Walker wrote:
>

>>I have set up a new pc and I am in the process of transfering all my
>>stuff to it.
>>
>>The old pc, where I was running digikam 0.7.3-beta2, kipi 0.1.1 on
>>Mandrake 10.1/kde 3.4.1, is connected on my little lan to my new pc with
>>runs debian sarge, digikam 0.7.2, same kipi, kde 3.3.2
>>
>>I have my old pic folder on the mandrake box shared using nfs.
>>
>>On the new pc, I ran import and imported all of the images.  They seem
>>to have come across just fine, but my tags didn't.  Is there a way?
>>

>it might have been better to copy the folders manually onto the new
>machine. the tags and other metadata are stored in digikam.db file in the
>toplevel directory. what you could try is copying over this file to the
>new machine (assuming your directory structure is the same as in the old
>machine).

I have tried it both ways and the result is the same, I get the photos
in their folders but no tags . ..  not sure what I am doing wrong, but
the old install on the old computer is still sitting here beside the new
one so I figure there must be a way . .

--
Ken Walker, Qualicum Beach, BC
http://lunar.ca