[Digikam-users] Transfer pics from one pc to another, tags too??

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 17 05:10:21 BST 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Ken Walker wrote:

> I have set up a new pc and I am in the process of transfering all my
> stuff to it.
>
> The old pc, where I was running digikam 0.7.3-beta2, kipi 0.1.1 on
> Mandrake 10.1/kde 3.4.1, is connected on my little lan to my new pc with
> runs debian sarge, digikam 0.7.2, same kipi, kde 3.3.2
>
> I have my old pic folder on the mandrake box shared using nfs.
>
> On the new pc, I ran import and imported all of the images.  They seem
> to have come across just fine, but my tags didn't.  Is there a way?

it might have been better to copy the folders manually onto the new
machine. the tags and other metadata are stored in digikam.db file in the
toplevel directory. what you could try is copying over this file to the
new machine (assuming your directory structure is the same as in the old
machine).

renchi