[Digikam-users] Canon Powershot S2 IS

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 02:46:31 BST 2005

On 8/27/05, reuben <rf at flavor8.com> wrote:

> 1) Every time I reconnect the camera, I have to delete it from the list
> and "auto-detect" to find it again (it uses the PTP driver.) For some
> reason it doesn't reconnect using settings it generated before (if I
> attempt to do so, it'll say "camera not found").

this was (hopefully) fixed in 0.7.2 . Can you paste the contents of
your ~/.kde/share/apps/digikam/cameras.xml file

> 2) It cannot use camera provided dates -- they are reset to 1970,
> although on the camera they are correct.

this is a driver issue, it is most probably not reading the exif info
from the camera. you can try upgrading to a recent libgphoto2 to see
if it fixes it.

> 3) It cannot download large video files (700MB). Small video files
> (<50MB) download just fine. (This may be a driver issue, as kamera
> cannot cope with the large video files either.)

a libgphoto2 issue. it tries to cache the file in memory and obviously
fails. you will need to contact the gphoto2 developers concerning
this.

> Also, is there any way to get digikam to use the multi-card reader that
> came in my PC? I don't know what kind it is, and haven't managed to
> mount it from the CLI.

check out the faq 1 here:
http://www.digikam.org/Digikam-SPIP/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=9