[Digikam-users] Canon Powershot S2 IS

reuben rf at flavor8.com
Sat Aug 27 20:11:33 BST 2005

Hi, having some trouble using digikam 0.7.3 (which is the highest
version available in the Ubuntu repositories) with my new S2.

1) Every time I reconnect the camera, I have to delete it from the list
and "auto-detect" to find it again (it uses the PTP driver.) For some
reason it doesn't reconnect using settings it generated before (if I
attempt to do so, it'll say "camera not found").

2) It cannot use camera provided dates -- they are reset to 1970,
although on the camera they are correct.

3) It cannot download large video files (700MB). Small video files
(<50MB) download just fine. (This may be a driver issue, as kamera
cannot cope with the large video files either.)

Anybody have any resolutions for any of these issues?

Also, is there any way to get digikam to use the multi-card reader that
came in my PC? I don't know what kind it is, and haven't managed to
mount it from the CLI.

Thanks
Reuben