New generation of digiKam user manual is online...

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 17:38:28 GMT 2023

dimarts, 3 de gener de 2023, a les 10:57:34 (CET), Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> Le mar. 3 janv. 2023 à 10:25, Antoni Bella Pérez
>
> <antonibella5 at yahoo.com> a écrit :
> > dilluns, 2 de gener de 2023, a les 17:50:03 (CET), Gilles Caulier va
escriure:
> > > Happy new year 2023 to all,
> > >
> >   Good year to everyone too
> >
> > > For this new year, the doc documentation based on DocBook has been
> > > migrated to the modern Sphinx/RestructuredText framework, and now all
> > > is ready for extra contributions as new contents, english review, and
> > > translations.
> > >
> > > Please read well all details given to the official announcement:
> > >
> > > https://www.digikam.org/news/2023-01-01-new_documentation_web_site/
> > >
> > > Thanks for your future help to maintain this documentation.
> > >
> > > My best wishes...
> > >
> > > Gilles Caulier
> > >
> >   As we have been told here <kde-doc-english at kde.org>, I think the POT
> >   files
> >
> > have an incorrect license, now it is CC and it should be GFDL.
> >
> >  - https://docs.digikam.org/en/credits_license.html
>
> As you can see in this page, the ReStructuredText files which host
> documentation en English are in GFDL
>
> There is no mention about the translations license, but of course this
> can be added.
>
> For ex, a new line can be appended like this :
>
> Translations : Copyright 2001-2023 licensed under the terms of the
> Creative Common.

  Hi Gilles,

  The point is that the translations are usually licensed under the same
license indicated on the web, I think in GFDL. Is there any reason to use CC?

  Examples:

# Translation of docs_kdenlive_org_404.po to Catalan
# Copyright (C) 2021 This_file_is_part_of_KDE
# Licensed under the <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/
4.0/">Creative Commons License SA 4.0</a> unless stated otherwise
# This file is distributed under the same license as the Kdenlive Manual
package.

  Adapted to website.

# Translation of docs_krita_org_404.po to Catalan
# Copyright (C) 2019-2021 This_file_is_part_of_KDE
# This file is distributed under the license LGPL version 2.1 or
# version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of KDE e.V.
# or the same license as the source of its messages in English.

  Adapted to KDE and website.

  This is the way I thought about solving, if it stay with CC:

# Translation of docs_digikam_org_404.po to Catalan
# Copyright (C) 2023 This_file_is_part_of_KDE
# This file is distributed under the <a href="https://creativecommons.org/
licenses/by-sa/4.0/">Creative Commons License SA 4.0</a> unless stated
otherwise
# This file is distributed under the same license as the Digikam Manual
package.

  Also, I see:

"Project-Id-Version: Digikam Manual 8.0.0\n"
  - This chain will never be modified, and in a discussion with Debian
developers, it was agreed/suggested the name of the package or parent folder,
*digikam-doc* in this case.

"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
  - Set this chain to
https://invent.kde.org/documentation/digikam-doc/-/issues
or
https://bugs.kde.org
(better for translation related questions).

  For me everything has been clarified. Thank you very much for the digiKam
Tools

> >   I see the new policy changed to 'SPDX Statements', I hope to have more
> >
> > information:
> >  - https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
>
> SPDX is just a way to factorize licenses in one place and prevent
> copying license text everywhere. For the documentation all is here :
>
> https://invent.kde.org/documentation/digikam-doc/-/tree/master/LICENSES
>
> Gilles

  Regards
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.
Dubta que el Sol es mogui.

No se n'ha de posar massa
	- A grandmother on the TV show "Las recetas de Julie"