New generation of digiKam user manual is online...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:57:34 GMT 2023

Le mar. 3 janv. 2023 à 10:25, Antoni Bella Pérez
<antonibella5 at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> dilluns, 2 de gener de 2023, a les 17:50:03 (CET), Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> > Happy new year 2023 to all,
>
>   Good year to everyone too
>
> > For this new year, the doc documentation based on DocBook has been
> > migrated to the modern Sphinx/RestructuredText framework, and now all
> > is ready for extra contributions as new contents, english review, and
> > translations.
> >
> > Please read well all details given to the official announcement:
> >
> > https://www.digikam.org/news/2023-01-01-new_documentation_web_site/
> >
> > Thanks for your future help to maintain this documentation.
> >
> > My best wishes...
> >
> > Gilles Caulier
>
>   As we have been told here <kde-doc-english at kde.org>, I think the POT files
> have an incorrect license, now it is CC and it should be GFDL.
>
>  - https://docs.digikam.org/en/credits_license.html

As you can see in this page, the ReStructuredText files which host
documentation en English are in GFDL

There is no mention about the translations license, but of course this
can be added.

For ex, a new line can be appended like this :

Translations : Copyright 2001-2023 licensed under the terms of the
Creative Common.

>   I see the new policy changed to 'SPDX Statements', I hope to have more
> information:
>
>  - https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

SPDX is just a way to factorize licenses in one place and prevent
copying license text everywhere. For the documentation all is here :

https://invent.kde.org/documentation/digikam-doc/-/tree/master/LICENSES