[digiKam-users] Test data for video ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:29:40 BST 2022

Hi Steve,

The reason is simple : look already the RAW size of the digiKam git
project in gitlab : More than 7 GB.

This means a developer needs to download 7 GB only to check out the code.

Also the unit test repository is a special git repo to store large
files without history. There is no versioning to store data files
which will reduce the repository RAW size.

If you mix both together, you will explode the size, and I'm sure that
a limit exists in gitlab about the repo Raw size.

Another argument is the tarball size when you release the application.
If unit-tests data files are present, this will also increase the size
for nothing...

Gilles