Some progress on ffmpeg 5

Steven Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Mon Sep 19 05:50:39 BST 2022

Hi,

I have made some progress.  One of the issues was that the new code mixed up
the order of avcodec_send_packet() and avcodec_receive_frame().  I've fixed
that and created a couple tests that now pass on my machine.  Both FFMPEG 4
and FFMPEG 5.

There is still some odd behaviour, but at least one or two videos that I've
tested do play.

I still need to work on the tests, since I've cheated for now by putting the
video file directly in digikam tree.  My plan is to fix that before proposing a
merge.  If you're curious, though you can see the progress here: https://
invent.kde.org/srobbins/digikam/-/tree/feature-qtav-testing

Cheers,
-Steve