CI configuration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:48:37 BST 2022

Le dim. 18 sept. 2022 à 17:37, Steven Robbins <steve at sumost.ca> a écrit :

> On Sunday, September 18, 2022 10:27:21 A.M. CDT Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > To resume, do not change to ffmpeg 5 too quickly (:-)))...
>
> Fully understood!  :-)
>
> I won't propose anything until I can get things running locally (linux) with
> ffmpeg 5.  I promise!
>
> My goal here was to get a sense of what is involved.  So thank you for that!
>
> I would imagine that your vision is to keep supporting both FFMPEG 4 and 5 for
> some time?

Yes definitely, and in fact it's already the case in git/master...

 If so: is it possible to have TWO linux containers -- one where we
> can test with ffmpeg 4 and a second to test with ffmpeg 5?

Good Question. I think yes. The settings in Craft Blueprints KDE and
Binary Factory Tooling repository must be changed at the same time.

If i'm not too wrong, KDenlive uses this kind of configuration, but
i'm not 100% sure. The best is to :

1/ analyze the current configuration in both repositories for the
extragrear only application. KF5 frameworks and KDE applications use a
 different workflow in the CI/CD. Look especially kmymoney and
kdevelop is a good start.

https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/tree/master/extragear

And "yes", it's a big puzzle, not well documented. To include digiKam
in KDE CI/CD, I waste a lot of my free time to dig it...

2/ open a file Phabricator for system admin request (typically to Ben
Cocksley - he is god (:-)))). Explain the wish and the possible
solution found in other applications. Look if it can be applied to
digiKam.