Digikam GSoC 2021

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 20:12:15 BST 2021

Le jeu. 1 avr. 2021 à 20:50, Anjani Kumar <anjanik012 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have a complete list of files that need to be changed in order to
> compile with Qt6. I used clazy for this.  However i need to know if i
> should summarize the report by organizing them in modules or  I should
> present a complete list  for that, because the file list is huge.
>
> Also what are your thoughts on using clazy to get the suggested changes
> and apply them and then build and do regression tests on the code?

I'm not sure if clazy is really the best static analyzer to use at first
for this project.

After all the warnings from the compiler using Qt5.15.2 is a good start. Qt
includes plenty of deprecated warnings to guide developers in the porting
stage.

Clazy must be a good helper later, especially for optimization purposes.

Also the main porting stages must be prior. Classes which are removed in
Qt6 need to be treated first, even if a qt5 compatibility helper framework
exists in Qt6. Considering that compatibility frameworks do not exist can
be a good choice to list which classes and codes need to be ported first.

Best