Regarding Implementation for Ignored Faces

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:26:59 BST 2020

Le mar. 12 mai 2020 à 13:05, Kartik Ramesh <kartikx2000 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks for the advice. I've been able to add the Ignored Property, so that it is not associated with a Tag Region. This way if I mark a face as ignored, the associated image (of which the face is a part) will not show the ignored tag region.
> About the metadata, and Exiv tags, I'll have to read up more as I'm not very familiar with the topic. I'll confirm about the XMP tags soon.

"Exiv" => Exif.

Here it's not Exif metadata set but XMP. If fact, image can include 3
type of metadat stored in separte container and using different format
:

Exif : Binary format based on JFIF/TIFF tags structure. Only to store
camera settings.
Iptc : binary format, deprecated, very limited (char encoding, string
size, etc...). To store post process properties.
Xmp: XML based container : to replace Iptc without any limitation

All metadata are managed by Exiv2 library in background. The metadata
engine is here :

https://invent.kde.org/kde/digikam/-/tree/master/core/libs/metadataengine

All code using Exiv2 API are only hosted here. Do not use Exiv2 API
outside to preserve binary compatibilty in other DK parts. Exiv2 API
is currently migrarting to use more modern C++ standard and
compilation will become the hell is we export Exiv2 API outside.
Typically all is already in place in metadata engine to host something
new to XMP without to call new Exiv2 API... Just patch the current
implementation and that all.

Best