Regarding Implementation for Ignored Faces

Kartik Ramesh kartikx2000 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:07:14 BST 2020

Thanks for the advice. I've been able to add the Ignored Property, so that
it is not associated with a Tag Region. This way if I mark a face as
ignored, the associated image (of which the face is a part) will not show
the ignored tag region.
About the metadata, and Exiv tags, I'll have to read up more as I'm not
very familiar with the topic. I'll confirm about the XMP tags soon.
I needed some help with another issue. Since I'm modifying the database
properties for the faces, any face set as ignored is not showing up in the
DigikamItemView. I'm assuming this is because I haven't made changes to the
underlying model, to account for this new Face type. Can I get some advice
on where to start understanding how the Models get constructed from the
database, and how I can solve my issue? I took a look at
libs/database/models but got a little overwhelmed by all the lines of code.

Thanks
Kartik