digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap

Ihor Dvoretskyi ihor.dvoretskyi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:20:03 GMT 2020

The digiKam snap exists as well - https://snapcraft.io/digikam, but it's
maintained by someone else, not by the KDE project itself (or not by
Gilles, for example). So, I would not trust it as it is not an official
digiKam release artifact.

So, strategically my question is more a request to have the officially
supported and maintained by the digiKam project Flatpak and Snap packages.

As a short-term workaround, I'm happy to see the notifications about the
new release availability with the current Appimage package, as Andrey
suggested.