digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 13:12:27 GMT 2020

Something like that, yes.Libreoffice actually pushes a notification on the user but what you suggested will work too. I actually like your idea more since digikam will not be doing anything without user input.At the same time, there is digikam.org button on the panel by default. So, maybe the new menu entry is not even needed... Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2020-01-16  5:55 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam developers room - digiKam - Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-devel at kde.org> Subject: Re: digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap Le jeu. 16 janv. 2020 à 13:38, Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> a écrit :Gilles,Is it a big deal to make digikam notify users about new version similar to how Libreoffice does?You want mean to have an entry menu in digiKam to ping www.digikam.org for new release ? If yes, it's not a big challenge...Gilles