digiKam availability as Flatpak/Snap

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:01:48 GMT 2020

Le jeu. 16 janv. 2020 à 15:20, Ihor Dvoretskyi <ihor.dvoretskyi at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> The digiKam snap exists as well - https://snapcraft.io/digikam, but it's
> maintained by someone else, not by the KDE project itself (or not by
> Gilles, for example). So, I would not trust it as it is not an official
> digiKam release artifact.
>
> So, strategically my question is more a request to have the officially
> supported and maintained by the digiKam project Flatpak and Snap packages.

The response is no... if no other person do not do the job. For the moment,
i maintain AppImage, Windows and MacOS bundles. I cannot do more than
this... Maintaining these packages take a while.

I'm not to much interested by the cloud delegation to build this kind of
packages, as we will lost to most important point : to know all the in-deep
details to assemble optimized bundles accordingly with the reports posted
by users on bugzilla.

All the bundles are built on my computers at home and it work like a charm
now (more and less), after 3 years of development. It's not perfect, but if
we delegate this kind of job, we will inherit of other projects
dependencies/constrains. We needs flexibility, not complexity.

Best