5.9.0 is on the way. 6.0.0 will be the next one.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:42:56 GMT 2018

Hi Mario,

The merge from 6.0.0 devel branch is now merged to master. All new commits
must be pushed in master. 6.0.0 branch is deprecated now.

https://commits.kde.org/digikam/97100da57ceda6dbd11734db38b7eb9034eb22d3

> Hey Gilles,
>
> that's great. Then I will try to take some time for digiKam again after
> my students had their exam next week to
>
> apply some improvements on the fuzzy subsystem.

Great to see you working again on Similarity search engine. This tool is
important and as 6.0.0 as the new dedicated database to store fingerprints,
without to bloat the core database, I'm sure that tool will be used more
and more everywhere...

My best