Plan for first digiKam 6.0.0 beta1 including students devel branches

Thanh Trung Dinh dinhthanhtrung1996 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 01:43:04 BST 2018

Hi Gilles,

Firstly, I'm really excited to here that we will release beta 6.0.0 soon.
So, on my branch here is the status:

Smugmug
- Done

Google Drive
- Done

Google Photo
- Export done
- Import : photos are downloaded, but not appear in digiKam view.

Facebook
- Upload photos done
- Problem with create albums (as I have just posted on another post in
mailing list)
- App review need to be finished

Anyway, Facebook app review will take about 4 - 8 weeks and current
Facebook export tool doesn't work, so I suggest that we should deactivate
option for Facebook in export tool in beta 6.0.0 while I try to fix the
current problem and finish app review. Besides, problem with Google Photo
import is not relating to O2 and I really need feedbacks of user on GPhoto,
as I migrated codes from Picasa API to GPhoto API.

My next phase will be code factorization for other web services too, so I
think that maybe I should continue on devel branch in order to avoid to
mess up master. What do you think about that?

Best

Thanh

--
Mr. Thanh-Trung Dinh
Université de Technologie de Compiègne (UTC) - France