[Digikam-devel] enabling some optional features: AKONADICONTACTSUPPORT, KFILEMETADATASUPPORT, MEDIAPLAYER ...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:12:04 BST 2016

Hi,

I don't recommend these one :

- KFileMetadata (Baloo synchronization) : This is for Plasma search engine.
this part from KDE is full of bugs and crash digiKam as well very quickly.
I think we will remove it in the future.

- Akonadi support : this for KDE contacts synchronization : To be hosnest,
this part has never been test with Qt5 port and we don't have plan to work
on it. This code will certainly disapear in the future as nobody is
interested by this feature for the moment.

For these options :

Mediaplayer : for video support in digiKam with Qt5Multimedia. You need at
least Qt5.6 else digiKam will stop at startup due to bug in previous Qt5
with GStreamer. With Qt5 >= 5.6 all is fine.

Mysql : I recommend to wait next release 5.1.0 planed in 2 weeks before to
enable it. we have again killed a lots of bugs about Mysql support. We have
a student working on this topic this summer.

Best