[Digikam-devel] enabling some optional features: AKONADICONTACTSUPPORT, KFILEMETADATASUPPORT, MEDIAPLAYER ...

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:56:06 BST 2016

I see core/CMakeLists.txt has these 3 optional, but disabled by default
features:

ENABLE_KFILEMETADATASUPPORT "Build digiKam with KDE files indexer support
(default=OFF)"
ENABLE_AKONADICONTACTSUPPORT "Build digiKam with KDE Mail Contacts support
(default=OFF)"
ENABLE_MEDIAPLAYER  "Build digiKam with QtMultimedia support (default=OFF)"
ENABLE_MYSQLSUPPORT "Build digiKam with MySQL dabatase support
(default=OFF)"

Some of fedora's users are asking these be enabled... I assume there may be
some good reasons why they're not enabled by default yet though.  Any
advice?  "Go for it?"  "Bad idea?"

(Fwiw, I already enabled MYSQLSUPPORT, since users pretty much have to opt-
in to try to use that anyway).

-- Rex