[Digikam-devel] unresponsive while scanning for new items

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:32:14 BST 2016

Hi
I do not have enough detailed information to file a bug and something
similar might already be reported. Still I wanted to inform you about
it. Maybe it helps in some way.
I just made changes to a big set of images (350G) outside of digikam
(metadata writing with exiftool). So it took quite some time searching
for new items after startup (notification on the bottom left), but never
used cpu or ram very hard. After some time however digikam became
unresponsive, just a grey frame. The commandline did show that it was
still working in the background, the following was displayed repeatedly:
digikam.dimg: "*somefile*"  : JPEG file identified
digikam.metaengine: Orientation => Exif.Image.Orientation => 1
So digikam was still functioning, just not the gui and still digikam did
load the computer, but not overload. After a certain time digikam
resurfaced and worked fine.
Cheers,
Simon