[Digikam-devel] libkface

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:54:48 BST 2014

> Hi Gilles, hi list!
>
> I just wanted to let you know that, with your kind help, I was able to write a
> face detection and face recognition implementation for kphotoalbum using
> libkface (it's still a quite early state and there's still a lot of work to
> do, but it works). I don't know if you digikam guys have ever had a look at
> kphotoalbum ;-)

My time do not permit to do it currently. but if you find something
strange with libkface, let's me hear.

> but if you want, you can do so, the code can be found at
>
>         https://github.com/l3u/kphotoalbum/tree/face_detection
>
> The detection and recognition code resides in
>
>         AnnotationDialog/ImagePreview.cpp

Do you use multithreading here ?

Do you check kphotoalbum into valgrind to see if memory is leak with libkface ?

> Thanks for the help again! I hope, I can help to develop and improve/enhance
> libkface in the future somehow!

Has we said previouly, all help is welcome.

Please test your implementation. If you find some dysfunction don't
hesiate to report and propose patches.

All help about API doc can improve usability of libkface in other projects.

In KFaceGUI, there are some visual glitches with face rectangle, when
you move it for ex. I polished code a lots but not yet found the GUI
dysfunction. It's not very important but at least, if we can have a
clean implementation here, it will be cool.

The most important of course is to be sure that major dysfunction do
not appear with libkface database management (where i'm not sure if
all is properly done, if i follow all reports from digiKam).

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=1086259&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Face%20Management&product=digikam

Don't forget that you must use current implementation of libkface for
your tests, where code is the most hacked/tested for the moment.