[Digikam-devel] libkface

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Sun Jun 29 11:17:14 BST 2014

> > The detection and recognition code resides in
> >
> >         AnnotationDialog/ImagePreview.cpp
>
> Do you use multithreading here ?
No, it's just a procedural approach. At the moment, all scanning is done when
clicking a button on the image that is currently open and the widget is simply
disabled until it's done.

> Do you check kphotoalbum into valgrind to see if memory is leak with
> libkface ?
I'll try to do that, but -- to be honest -- I don't really know what the
valgrind output means ... I still have to learn about this.

> All help about API doc can improve usability of libkface in other projects.
Yeah, that's probably one thing I actually _can_ contribute to libkface.

> In KFaceGUI, there are some visual glitches with face rectangle, when
> you move it for ex. I polished code a lots but not yet found the GUI
> dysfunction. It's not very important but at least, if we can have a
> clean implementation here, it will be cool.
I just started coding C++/Qt/KDE back in April, so I think you're a bit
smarter than me, but I'll have a look at it and do my very best. If I find
something, I'll send a patch.

> Don't forget that you must use current implementation of libkface for
> your tests, where code is the most hacked/tested for the moment.
At the moment, I use the libkface version shipped with Digikam 4.0.0, but I'll
try to write an ebuild (I'm on Gentoo) installing the CVS version so that I
can check it against the latest code.

But as said: both detection and recognition work with this version. Surely,
both could be better, but, depending on the images used, the results are quite
impressive.