[Digikam-devel] Search not working...

Yiou WANG geow812 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:02:05 BST 2013

Thanks very much Gilles! I reply inline too...

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/4/23 Yiou WANG <geow812 at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm working on a bug related to advanced search, so I got the latest
>> digiKam (3.2.0-beta 2) from git. It can compile, build and run without much
>> problem. But when I try to write some query using search, whatever I do,
>> nothing happens. I cannot see any search result. So that means the advance
>> search cannot work either...
>>

> It work fine here, in same conditions.
>

>> What was different this time is I got a warning when compiling:
>>
>> I compiled using: cmake -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on
>> -DDIGIKAMSC_COMPILE_DOC=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
>>
>> ok
>

>> CMake Warning at
>> /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32
>> (find_package):
>>   Could not find module FindQtGStreamer.cmake or a configuration file for
>>   package QtGStreamer.
>>
>>   Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindQtGStreamer.cmake or set
>>   QtGStreamer_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file
>> for
>>   QtGStreamer.  The file will have one of the following names:
>>
>>     QtGStreamerConfig.cmake
>>     qtgstreamer-config.cmake
>>
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>   extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:172 (MACRO_OPTIONAL_FIND_PACKAGE)
>>

> Don't care. It's for VideoSlideShow kipi-plugins.
>

>> Besides, I always get the error: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase:
>> connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
>>

> It's an internal Qt message. I have same here since a long time.
>

>>  But it is always there, and it seems to disturb nothing, so I don't
>> think that's the reason...
>> I tried to debug a little bit, the method keywordChanged() is called. And
>> I'm sure my query should return some result.
>>

> It can be a KIO slave dysfunction. DB query run through a kioslave. If it
> not responding...
>
> But in this case if you have broken kioslave, no item will be displayed in
> iconview from AlbumGUI. Same about Tag view

Tag View is fine, maybe that means kioslave is fine too.

>> I've been blocked on this for some time... Does anyone has seen this
>> before? Thanks in advance!
>>

> Did you enable some icon view filters when you run advanced search tool ?
>
> Did you have touch some code somewhere ?
>
> Did you turn on digiKam and kioslave debug space through kdebugdialog. In
> this case when you run digiKam in a console, debug messages will be printed.
>
> If i remember, if you print with kDebug() << writer.xml() returned from
> SearView::write(), it will show you the XML string used to query DB in
> search.
>
> Gilles Caulier

I discarded all changes, and it still doesn't work...
I tried enabling and disabling icon view filters, and still no change...
I tried to turn on kdebugdialog, it gives:

digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
same keywords as before, ignoring...
digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
keywords changed to ' "2012" '
digikam(27252)/KGEOMAP KGeoMap::ItemMarkerTiler::slotSourceModelReset: ----
digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
keywords changed to ' "2012" '
digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
same keywords as before, ignoring...

seems fine...

And please tell me what SearView is, because I haven't found that...
But I tried debugging in QtCreator, the query is:
<?xml version="1.0"?><search><group><field name="keyword"