[Digikam-devel] Search not working...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:07:58 BST 2013

2013/4/23 Yiou WANG <geow812 at gmail.com>

> [...]
>>>
>>> I compiled using: cmake -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on
>>> -DDIGIKAMSC_COMPILE_DOC=on -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
>>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
>>>
>>> ok
>>

>>>  CMake Warning at
>>> /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32
>>> (find_package):
>>>   Could not find module FindQtGStreamer.cmake or a configuration file for
>>>   package QtGStreamer.
>>>
>>>   Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindQtGStreamer.cmake or set
>>>   QtGStreamer_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file
>>> for
>>>   QtGStreamer.  The file will have one of the following names:
>>>
>>>     QtGStreamerConfig.cmake
>>>     qtgstreamer-config.cmake
>>>
>>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>>   extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:172 (MACRO_OPTIONAL_FIND_PACKAGE)
>>>

>> Don't care. It's for VideoSlideShow kipi-plugins.
>>

>>>  Besides, I always get the error: QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase:
>>> connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
>>>

>> It's an internal Qt message. I have same here since a long time.
>>

>>>  But it is always there, and it seems to disturb nothing, so I don't
>>> think that's the reason...
>>> I tried to debug a little bit, the method keywordChanged() is called.
>>> And I'm sure my query should return some result.
>>>

>> It can be a KIO slave dysfunction. DB query run through a kioslave. If it
>> not responding...
>>
>> But in this case if you have broken kioslave, no item will be displayed
>> in iconview from AlbumGUI. Same about Tag view
>>

> Tag View is fine, maybe that means kioslave is fine too.
>

>>> I've been blocked on this for some time... Does anyone has seen this
>>> before? Thanks in advance!
>>>

>> Did you enable some icon view filters when you run advanced search tool ?
>>
>> Did you have touch some code somewhere ?
>>
>> Did you turn on digiKam and kioslave debug space through kdebugdialog. In
>> this case when you run digiKam in a console, debug messages will be printed.
>>
>> If i remember, if you print with kDebug() << writer.xml() returned from
>> SearView::write(), it will show you the XML string used to query DB in
>> search.
>>
>> Gilles Caulier
>>

> I discarded all changes, and it still doesn't work...
> I tried enabling and disabling icon view filters, and still no change...
> I tried to turn on kdebugdialog, it gives:
>
> digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
> same keywords as before, ignoring...
> digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
> keywords changed to ' "2012" '
> digikam(27252)/KGEOMAP KGeoMap::ItemMarkerTiler::slotSourceModelReset: ----
> digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:
> keywords changed to ' "2012" '
> digikam(27252)/digikam (core) Digikam::SearchTabHeader::keywordChanged:

yes. When you revert change, do you re-installed all in your system ,
including digiKam kioslaves ?

also, try to run kbuildsycoca4 before to run digiKam.

Did you see digiKam kioslave when digiKam is NOT running ?

[gilles at localhost build]$ ps ax | grep digikam
27160 ?        Sl     0:14 /usr/bin/digikam -caption digiKam --icon digikam
27204 ?        Sl     0:00 kdeinit4: kio_digikamalbums [kdeinit]
digikamalbums local:/tmp
27206 ?        Sl     0:00 kdeinit4: kio_digikamtags [kdeinit] digikamtags
local:/tmp/kso
27208 ?        Sl     0:00 kdeinit4: kio_digikamdates [kdeinit]
digikamdates local:/tmp/k
27209 ?        Sl     0:00 kdeinit4: kio_digikamsearch [kdeinit]
digikamsearch local:/tmp

> And please tell me what SearView is, because I haven't found that...

SearchView i want mean...